Step1: Roaming activated?
Ensure before leaving Vanuatu that the roaming option is activated on your mobile phone.
Just call the Hotline 081111 for activation within two working days when you need it.
Once activated, its remains activated until you request to stop it.
Step2: Connecting to a new network
When you arrived in a new country, restart your mobile. The mobile will then search for a new network with our roaming partners
You can also choose from the network setting in your mobile phone to select a network manually or automatically. Automatic selection chooses the best network in coverage. Manual selection allows you to stay on the network that you wish to.
To change the setting, go in:
Menu > Setting > phones setting > operator selection
Step3: Rate and usage
Once your phone is connected to a roaming partner’s network, you can call, send SMS and use data roaming. Rates depend on the country you are roaming to. Please ensure to check our latest roaming table rate available on our website before leaving the country.
For data roaming: You can choose to switch on or switch off data roaming in your mobile phone data setting. If you do not want to use data on roaming, you can switch it off. You can experience WIFI connection where you have the coverage even when data roaming is switched off.
For SMS, in case of any issue, check your SMS setting. Go in message settings, the SMSC number should be +6787000030
Step 4: Billing
The details of your roaming usage will appear on your next bill. However, you may from time to time receive the details one month later depending on the date we are receiving the details from our roaming partners.
- Store your number in an international format. This helps you to use your phone without needing to add international codes.
- Eg . Store numbers using the + before the country code when you add them to your address book. So 7711223 would be stored as +678 7711223 to make roaming call easily
- You can access your voice mail while abroad by calling +678 26179. Call will be charged at roaming standard rates ( Call back to Vanuatu)
- If you have any issue using roaming abroad, you can call our customer care +678 7781111
TVL is always working with its roaming partners to have more destinations and better tariffs for its customer to make saving
* Calls are charged per min. Data is charged per 10Kb. All the above prices are VAT exclusive (VAT will be charged separately).
Click here to view the list of countries available on roaming with TVL
Click here to view the list of operators in the country available on roaming with TVL
Click here to view the list of operators who can roam on TVL network.