Free basics by Facebook
- WANEM IA FREE BASICS?
- Olsem wanem blong kat Free Basics
- Frequently asked Question
What is Free Basic?
Wetem Fri Basik blong Facebook yu save aksesem ol useful sevis long ol mobael fone blong yumi. Wetem Fri Basik, yu save usum Facebook mo ol narafala useful webset fri nomo. Ol websaet ia oli stap long mobael fone blong yu mo bai yu no pem data from.
Yu save usum Fri Basik blong save aksesem ol infomesen long saed blong elt, edukesen,faenens,komunikesen,nius mo ol lokol seves blong infomesen.
Ol websaet blong nius, wok, elt, edukasen mo lokol infomesen oli aveilebol mo oli fri nomo, bambai yu no nidim data.
Ol websaet ia oli soem ol gudfala samting we intanet emi kat, TVL emi hope blong bringim moa pipol long intanet mo elpem olgeta blong impruvum laef stael blong olgeta.
Wanem nao yumi save faenem insaed long Fri Basic
Yu save faenem ol sevis ia long fri basic aplikasen:
- Lanem samting
- Nius mo weta
- Woman mo gel – Smat woman – Save wei imekem se woman ikat pawa
- Elt mo safety
Yu save faenem ol sevis ia long Fri basic :
- Facebook – toktok we oli raetem
- Facebook Mesenja
- Websaet blong Telecom Vanuatu Ltd
- Smat Woman
- 24 saens – ridim buk long intanet
- AccuWeather – Kasem ol apdeit blong weta
- Connect Smart
- Intanet Pej blong tijim ol kem –Intaactif pablik elt kem
- Ril samting blong laef
- Fri buk wei Work Reader emi kreatem
How do I get Free Basic
Spos yu wandem usum fri basic, yu mas kat wan sim blong TVL
Fri Basic emi wok long netwok blong TVL nomo.
Step 1: Mekem sua se yu kat wan fone wei isave kasem intanet mo yu mas save konek long netwok blong mobael intanet (netwok 3G)
Step 2: Fri basic emi wok long ol mobael fone we oli kat aplikesen blong android. Blong save putum aplikesen long android smatfone blong yu, openem wan braosa mo intarem URL ia www.freebasics.com
Step 3: Bae oli daerektem yu iko long websaet blong Fri Basics mo bae yu save daonlodem aplikesen blong Fri basics. Bifo yu daonlot, mekem sua se yu konek long wan wifi from bai yu nidim data blong save doanlodemaplikesen.
Step 4: Taem yu daonlot finis, yu mas ko long fael blong ol daonlod blong yu long mobael fone blong yu mo yu instolem aplikesen. (Notis mobael fone blong yu bai save blokem instolesen from aplikesen emi kam long wan ples we yumi no save. Plis ko long ol setinks >aplikesen> alaoem installation wei kamaot long wan unknown sos
Frequently asked Question
What is Free Basics by Facebook?
With Free Basics, you can use Facebook and other useful websites for free. The websites are available on your mobile phone without charging you for data.
You can use Free Basics to access a variety of health, education, finance, communication, news and local information services.
How is this different from a data pack/promotion?
Free Basics is a set of websites you can browser without data charges. Data packs and promotions allow you to use any website or app, but you will be charged for that usage.
What languages is the app available in for Vanuatu?
TVL customers in Vanuatu can view the content in English
What services can I access with Free Basics?
You can access a variety of health, education, finance, communication, news and local information services.
Where is Free Basics available?
Free Basics is available to countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America and Vanuatu being the first country in the Pacific
What happens if you click outside of the free services offered?
The data you use when you visit Free Basics free basic services does not count against your data plan. You will get a warning if you're about to visit sites outside of the free services, indicating that data charges apply.
Is Free Basics a website or an app?
It's both a website and an app. The Free Basics Android app and www.freebasics.com allow people to browse a set of useful services without data charges in the areas where we've launched.
Who can access Free Basics?
All active Telecom Vanuatu Limited subscribers with a data capable phone can access Free Basics via their internet browser or Android app.
Is Free Basics free? (And data usage questions)
Why is Free Basics free?
Free Basics is free so that people can have access to the internet and see the value that it can provide.
How do I make sure it's free?
You can test this by checking your balance before and after using Free Basics. If you're on Android, make sure you've turned off your background data and notifications.
How long will it be free for?
Free Basics will be always available free on TVL network
After using Free Basics my balance/load went down, why?
Use of Free Basics websites does not cost or use any data, but if you're using other applications like email or chat, those may be using your data.
What will happen if I access sites or apps not included in Free Basics?
You will either be charged with the standard data charge at 10 VT per MB or it will be deducted from your data package. You will also be charged for the following:
- Clicking on links outside of Free Basics
- Running background applications or automatic phone updates.
- You may also be charged for viewing photos and videos on Facebook within Free Basics
Can I use other internet packages while using the Free Basics?
Yes, you can use any mobile internet package or call/text & data combo offers while using the Free Basics promo. Using the websites provides via Free Basics does not deduct from your balance.
Getting started with Free Basics
How do I use Free Basics?
For basic/feature phone:
- Insert a SIM card from Telecom Vanuatu.
- Make sure mobile data is turned on in your phone's settings. Don't worry, Free Basics is free and won't deduct from your balance.
- Click your internet browser icon (it might say Opera or Chrome, or look like a globe).
- At the top in the address box, type in www.freebasics.com. It may take a few moments to load.
- Accept the Terms of Service. Now you can use free websites on freebasics.com!
- Insert a SIM card from Telecom Vanuatu.
- Option 1: See "Basic/feature phone" instructions above to visit www.freebasics.com.
- Option 2: Download the Free Basics app:
- Make sure mobile data is turned on or that you are connected to WiFi. Free Basics is free after you download the app.
- Visit the link www.freebasics.com to download the application
- Install the app. Once the app is downloaded, it will be on your phone so you won't need to download it again.
- To use the app, make sure mobile data is still turned on. Free Basics is free and won't deduct from your mobile balance.
- From the home screen, open the app and accept the Terms of Service.
For Facebook Users:
If you already have the Facebook app, you can access Free Basics in the "more" menu in the upper right corner.
How do I change the language of Free Basics?
For Free Basics, if you're in a country where Free Basics is available in more than one language, you can change the language by clicking “About Free Basics” at the bottom of the services list. For the Free Basics app: If you're in a country where Free Basics is available in more than one language, you can choose your language by clicking "settings" in the menu tab in the upper right corner. Then click "change language."
Troubleshooting Free Basics
I'm not able to load Free Basics (connection error or blank).
Let's make sure your settings are correct.
- Are you using a TVL SIM card? Free Basics will only work if you are using TVL network
- If you have dual SIM cards, is the TVL SIM card in Slot 1?
- Turn off Wi-Fi in your phone's settings.
- Turn on mobile data in your phone's settings. Free Basics will not deduct from your mobile data balance.
How do I avoid data charges while on Android?
Follow the instructions below:
- Close other apps that may use data
- Turn off background data sync
- Open your device's main Settings menu.
- Under "Wireless & networks,” select Data usage.
- Touch the menu icon.
- Make sure "Restrict background data" is checked.
- Make sure "Auto-sync data" is unchecked.
What kinds of phones work with Free Basics?
Free Basics works on data-capable phones and Android phones running on Android 2.3 and above. On a feature phone (like the Nokia E series) if there is an Internet icon or logo in the phone menu, you are using a data-capable phone.
Can I get Free Basics on my desktop computer?
No, the Free Basics app is only available on a mobile device.
Can you access Free Basics using WiFi or other networks?
No. The free sites under Free Basics can only be accessed if you are a TVL subscribers using mobile/cellular data.
Does Free Basics work on iPhone?
Facebook for Free Basics (when no Facebook Free is running)
How is this version of Facebook different from the full version?
This lightweight version of Facebook has fewer photos reducing the data load on operator networks.
How can you view the full Facebook experience?
You can view the full Facebook experience by visiting Facebook.com directly, or by upgrading from Facebook within the Free Basics app (data charges will apply).
Why am I not seeing photos on Facebook when using the Free Basics app?
If you’re using Facebook through Free Basics, you may be seeing a free-data version of Facebook that has fewer photos. You can view the full Facebook experience by upgrading on your current version of Facebook, or by visiting www.facebook.com directly. Keep in mind that data charges will apply.